A well recognised National 3PL provider with a number of sites across the UK require a Warehouse supervisor to work on an exciting contract within the Leicester region. The company continues tendering for new contracts and being successful in many, supporting their ambitious growth plans. This role will offer a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within their company.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will report in directly to the Operations Manager. You will be required to manage both a variety of project works and day-to-day staff management:
- General staffing duties of around 40 plus members of the team. This includes workforce planning, personnel issues, performance managements and talent progression.
- You will be required to conduct a variety of continuous improvement projects, mainly focused around warehouse layout and personnel productivity.
- Inventory management projects focusing on increasing warehouse utility.
- You will be responsible for all elements of logistics including transportation, goods-in/out, pick & pack, e-commerce and replenishment.
- Hours: Monday - Friday (rotational early AM Shifts)
The successful Warehouse Supervisor will ideally have the following:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Detailed experience with warehouse planning/management systems.
- Experience of managing over 35+ members of staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Desirably proven project experience across one of the following areas: labour planning, personal productivity, inventory or continuous improvement.
- Proven experience in managing and change culture, including HR procedures.
- Experience of a 360 degree logistics operation, including warehousing, transport and import/export.
- The desire and willingness to reach a senior level within a business.
- Commutable to Leicestershire
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes.
Commutable to Leicestershire