A well recognised National 3PL provider with a number of sites across the UK require a Warehouse supervisor to work on an exciting contract within the Leicester region on a Nights shift. The company continues tendering for new contracts and being successful in many, supporting their ambitious growth plans. This role will offer a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within their company.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will report in directly to the Operations Manager. You will be required to manage both a variety of project works and day-to-day staff management:
- General staffing duties of around 40 plus members of the team. This includes workforce planning, personnel issues, performance managements and talent progression.
- You will be required to conduct a variety of continuous improvement projects, mainly focused around warehouse layout and personnel productivity.
- Inventory management projects focusing on increasing warehouse utility.
- You will be responsible for all elements of logistics including transportation, goods-in/out, pick & pack, e-commerce and replenishment.
- Hours: Permanent night shift 22:00 - 06:30 - (NIGHT SHIFT ONLY)
The successful Warehouse Supervisor will ideally have the following:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Detailed experience with warehouse planning/management systems.
- Experience of managing over 35+ members of staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Desirably proven project experience across one of the following areas: labour planning, personal productivity, inventory or continuous improvement.
- Proven experience in managing and change culture, including HR procedures.
- Experience of a 360 degree logistics operation, including warehousing, transport and import/export.
- The desire and willingness to reach a senior level within a business.
- Commutable to Leicestershire
Salary: £23,500 - £25,300 PLUS £2500 - Night Shift Premium and bonus
Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes.
Commutable to Leicestershire.