My Client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a family run business who pride themselves on looking after the environment.
The Warehouse Team Leader in Caerphilly will be responsible for...
- Ensures the efficient loading, unloading and accurate storage of goods.
- Manages The Daily Work plan, organises warehouse activities and delegates appropriate tasks to ensure maximum efficiency and operational success.
- Identifies areas for improvements and implements changes where appropriate e.g. ensure stock is stored in most appropriate location
- Ensures equality of opportunity is maintained and respected at all times within the team and business.
- Manages staff performance against objectives and initiates action to address shortfalls
- Monitors activities to ensure each person has adequate skills and competence to achieve activities
- Identifies and raises awareness of staff training needs and assists in employee training, development and engagement.
- Motivates and coaches staff to help them reach their objectives
- Conducts regular team meeting
- Performance management - ensure that performance management processes are adhered to and that information created is analysed, understood and used to drive performance improvements
- Goods In Procedures / Goods Out Procedures - Monitor accuracy and organisation
- Quality Procedures - Sample and assess materials prior to release to saleable stock and seek appropriate technical support when required.
- Supervise picking and checking process for accuracy and to ensure that customer orders are correctly fulfilled.
- Stock Taking - Lead Six Monthly and Requested Ad Hoc Stock Takes and ensure that warehouse is ready prior to stock take.
- Takes responsibility for resolving issues with orders and customer deliveries
- Ensures that the Warehouse is a safe environment and that procedures and training are maintained at all times.
The Warehouse Team Leader will...
Customer Focus, Communication, Delivering Results, Teamwork, Personal Drive, Leadership, Making Decisions
Goods Movement, Fork lift Licence (as appropriate), Literate, Numerate, Good PC Skills (particularly Microsoft Office)
Warehouse experience, Basic Health & Safety, People Management Experience, Systems knowledge
Decisive, Detail Conscious, Active, Conscientious, Target Driven, Quality Focus, Proactive Problem Solver, Continuous Improvement
The Warehouse Team Leader will receive...
A salary of between £23,000-£26,000 depending on experience
Monday to Friday 7.30-4.30
25+ 8 days holiday