Our clients operation is based in Basildon and is one of the UK's largest supplier products to the building trade.
As a Warehouse Team Leader you will be reporting into the Warehouse Shift Manager and will be required to successfully lead the warehouse team to ensure an effective warehouse operation is established and maintained.
The successful applicant will also undertake the following responsibilities:
- Ensure all our customer orders are picked and dispatched on time whilst keeping the customer in mind to eliminate any customer complaints.
- Effectively manage the performance of the team, resolving any queries and issues in an efficient manner including absence, timekeeping and general performance and behaviour.
- Ensure carrier collections are made and on time.
- Carry out booking in of all lines into the Distribution Centre from UK supplier within 24 hours and investigate any discrepancies with our Supply Chain Team.
- Take responsibility of the bulk storage areas and ensure replenishment's are planned accordingly.
- The Trade Counter to maintain its service at the highest level.
- Daily stock put-away is to be cleared.
- Work with other departments on any queries or special requests.
- Complete daily / weekly / monthly health & Safety checks.
- Plan holidays and cover of your team.
- Ensure outside areas of the Distribution Centre are clear and tidy at all times.
- Provide cover for other Team Leaders where necessary.
PC literate (Microsoft Word and Excel, email).The successful Warehouse Team Leader will live within a commuting distance of our clients operation near Basildon and will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Previous experience of managing and leading a warehouse team.
- Detailed understanding of warehouse management system.
- Forklift licence preferred, although training will be given to the right candidate
- PC literate (Microsoft Word and Excel, email).
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.