The client I'm representing are a global distribution business, which are based in Huddersfield and have several other sites across the UK. A progressive business with plans of growth, they're looking for a Warehouse Team Leader, someone who they can develop and progress through the company.
As the Warehouse Team Leader you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maximise delivery Schedule Adherence (DSA) to provide satisfaction for both internal and
- Make sure all members of staff are trained to the correct standards, all warehouse operators are re-trained in the event of any process changes and training documentation is updated when appropriate.
- To maintain and develop two-way communication between management and team members using the Plan-Do-Check-Act philosophy.
- Manage the staff within a warehouse department, handling any issues in a fair, timely and professional manner.
- Through projects and continuous improvement be involved in the need to develop and maintain efficiency improvements relating to the performance and well-being of the team.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety policy.
- Assist with the effective induction of new staff within the warehouse.
- To carry out any similar duties as required by the Warehouse Leads and Warehouse Managers.
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Team Leader role will ideally have the following key skills & qualities.
Previous Warehouse experience, ideally managing a team
You will have strong accuracy and attention to detail
The industry sector demands strict quality, product integrity and high levels of accuracy. The job role therefore requires striving for 100 accuracy and maximum productivity in all tasks, understand
the effects of "right first time" and the implications of any inaccuracies.
You will have experience of working to and managing KPIs and metrics to manage individual and departmental performance.
£22,000 - £26,000
Monday to Friday - Days