Michael Page Logistics have exclusively partnered with a leading UK FMCG Retailer in their search for a Warehouse Team Leader (Days only) for one of their UK DC's in Peterborough.
This business operate within a popular and growing market sector with profits rising year on year.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Team Leader will report into the Warehouse Manager, leading a team of 15-20 highly successful colleagues. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 15+ colleagues, rising to 30+ during peak periods.
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse such as GEMBA walks and Kaizen events.
- Based upon one of the key warehousing sections, i.e. inbound, outbound, pick & pack, replenishment or e-commerce.
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
- Colleague engagement is at the forefront of the business, thus you will be expected to promote a healthy environment.
The hours of works for this role are:
Monday to Friday
08:00 to 17:00
The successful Warehouse Team Leader (Days only) will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 1 years Warehouse supervisory experience.
- The ideal candidate will have managed 10+ operatives previously within a fast-paced environment.
- Labour planning, personal productivity, inventory or continuous improvement experience would be advantageous.
- The desire and willingness to reach a senior level within a business.
- IOSH, NEBOSH, Six-Sigma or Lean experience would be advantageous.
- Commutable to Peterborough.
This person will have ideally worked within a; Senior Operative, Warehouse Coordinator, Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse FLM, Warehouse Shift Manager or Warehouse Manager position previously.
This position offers not only great hours, a great package too including:
- Salary - £22,500 to £25,000
- Company Bonus
- 22 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension contributions.
- Company discounts.
- Additional company benefits.