A rapidly growing SME in Leicestershire is looking to expand its Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain operation and establish themselves as one of the premier businesses in its sector. The firm has seen vast growth during its family run history and is looking for an ambitious, forward thinking individual to join their team as a Warehouse Team Leader across their dispatch function.
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody to join a fantastic organisation as a Warehouse Team Leader.
Working as part of a close knit team you will be responsible for the following:
- Investigates and manages warehouse Incidents so they remain at acceptable levels
- Brief/de-brief operatives at the beginning and end of their shifts
- Maintain stock accuracy
- Monitors headcount and overtime and keeps warehouse equipment to optimum levels to drive cost savings and efficiency's
- Ensure relevant paperwork is correct (job numbers etc)
- Liaise daily with the transportation team
- Directly oversee the dispatch team
- You may also have the chance to cover for the First Line Manager
- Shift: Monday to Friday (Must be flexible around office ours)
The successful applicant for the position of Warehouse Team Leader will have the following skills and experience:
- MUST have worked as a Warehouse Team Leader for 6 months/1 year
- Have experience of managing 10+ operatives
- Ideally have worked for a leading Logistics business
- MS Excel Super User, highly preferable
- Flexible with shifts
- Excellent knowledge of warehousing
- Commutable to Leicester, or willing to relocate
- 3+ years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
3+ years experience of working as a Warehouse Team Leader within a similar environment and organisation.
This position offers:
- Hourly rate competitive
- Commutable to Leicester
- Temp to Perm contract