My Client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a leading distributor for the health industry.
The Warehouse Team Manager Manager in Shepton Mallet will be responsible for...
- Health & Safety - Support the H&S department and safety reps to maintain a safe environment for staff and visitors; and where necessary, implement reasonable improvements.
- Quality - to ensure that all processes within the warehouse have an appropriate SOP and works instruction that have been designed to reflect an in-depth risk analysis. To ensure that the tasks are carried out by trained and competent persons, to deliver, a safety and quality conscious outcome.
- Training - to enrol on appropriate training programs to ensure that the teams training and development needs are met, thus ensuring a continuous "raising the bar" culture exists within the warehouse. Ensuring that the appropriate GDP training is delivered to the team throughout the year, with planned refreshers at the appropriate intervals.
- Administration - to ensure that all KPI's are completed as necessary, that all documentation relating to SOX control is kept and filed appropriately, to ensure that time sheets and payroll queries are managed on behalf of my team as necessary, to ensure that holiday requests are dealt with correctly and timely.
- Core Values - to embrace and assist in the training and development the team to ensure that the culture of core values creates a business structure from which to build successful behaviours from.
- Policies and Procedures - as required, be able to follow the appropriate procedure/s when dealing with misconduct, grievances, work place incidents, etc.. and ensure that correct policies are followed to ensure the correct outcome is reached.
- Performance Evaluation - to ensure that everyone within the team receives a PDR evaluation, based upon Core Value behaviours and agreed performance appropriate to the role.
HR - as required ensure that all HR policies are followed, a few include RTW, Absence meetings.
As a member of the operations management team, you will be supporting the development of the night shift operation and the links to other business departments to drive quality and customer first ways of working. Ensure that there is a switch over brief between the Afternoon Shift and Nightshift.
To be a people person and natural leader, able to manage conflict and make sound decisions to ensure the success of the night shift operation. To include nightly reporting, that demonstrates work flow management, resource management and customer service.
The successful Warehouse Team Manager in Shepton Mallet will...
- Build sustainable, developmental relationships with internal stakeholders whose cooperation is vital to your success
- Support a customer centric quality system that is focused on Centaur/MWI goal
- Manage, lead and coach a large team of permanent and temporary staff to achieve success
- Understanding of current Centaur business and Warehouse systems and processes
- Ability to design and develop processes that deliver into the wider business processes
- Ability to lead change through teams and peers
- Understands the operations and distribution inter dependencies and links to customer service
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for analysis and report building
- Be a great people manager
- Inspires people towards positive achievement of common goals
- Empowers and connects effectively with others through involvement, delegation and trust.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Networks to learn & share from others
- Looks outside areas of interest/expertise
The successful candidate will receive...
- 24+ 8 days holiday
- A salary of up to £25,000
- 12-8pm shifts monday to friday
- Pension Scheme
- Gym contribution