Our client, a market-leading global business with a "family feel" culture are looking for a Warehouse & Transport Manager to join their friendly and dynamic team. This is a new vacancy.
Duties and responsibilities of the Warehouse & Transport Manager include, but are not limited to:
- This is an important first line management role reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Supporting the busy transport environment.
- You will be expected to be both Customer and Company focused with a proactive approach as well as being able to handle and implement new ideas.
- Responsible for trailers/Units,
- To ensure the Transport Fleet is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure all servicing requirements are completed in a timely manner and at the optimum time.
- To ensure all damage and maintenance repairs costs outside FPM are valid and necessary.
- Provide feedback to the senior team on damage trends and analysis.
- To regularly review service providers and ensure they provide the best service possible.
- To ensure all SLA's are adhered to by all service providers.
- To challenge the service providers to provide 'added value' to their service.
- Be responsible in ensuring the availability of the fleet is maximised during peak trading in particular.
- Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety.
The successful candidate for the role of Warehouse & Transport Manager will possess:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and build relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent transport legislative knowledge
- Energetic and consistent in your management approach and be able to engage and motivate a team of Transport Clerks, Drivers and Warehouse Operatives
- A CPC (national) is a advantageous for the position but is not essential
- You will be expected to ensure a safe and productive workplace where our legislative and commercial obligations are currently met.
- You must be able to demonstrate in depth experience in a very commercial and service driven operation.
- A self motivated and enthusiastic individual who responds well to new challenges.
- PC literate.
- Good understanding of Depot operations and how they are impacted by equipment availability.
The successful candidate for the role of Warehouse & Transport Manager will benefit from excellent leadership & development opportunities, the chance to work for a strong and friendly team in a large, market-leading business