I have partnered with a growing Waste Management business who have a national coverage and big presence in the area. Due to the continued growth of the business, they now require a Waste Transport Supervisor to take the initiative on the Transport operation between Monday and Friday.
You key responsibilities as Waste Transport Supervisor based in Peterborough will include:
- Monitoring daily dispatch and planning schedules, making updates as required
- Communicating with other departments (customer services, sales, finance, driving team) to ensure the daily dispatches are completed on time
- Booking, agreeing and negotiating rates with external / 3rd party haulage providers if necessary
- Assisting in route planning, preparation of load sheets, tracking delivery notes and supporting dispatch documentation
- Preparing KPI information for management
- Contacting customers regarding amendments or updates to deliveries
- Organising collections and back-hauls
- Completing transport administrative tasks relating to H&S, Insurance policy and claims, Vehicle checks, repairs and servicing, operator's license management
- Tachograph and Drivers hours management
To be successful with your application for the Waste Transport Supervisor role you will have:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Worked as a Transport Coordinator or Transport Planner for a minimum of 2 years
- Managed in excess of 30 plus vehicles an
- A CPC National / International qualification - advantageous
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, multi task and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to get things right
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Organised and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent all round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- An enthusiastic attitude and desire to do what is required to support the business.
- Commutable to Peterborough
This is a full time role offering Monday to Friday days working
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes