I have partnered with a growing warehouse and distribution business who have a national coverage. It is a multi-client site and due to the continued growth of an exiting new contract win, increased volume of product and capacity means they are now at peak capacity. They now require a Weekend Warehouse Shift Manager to run the Warehouse operation in Peterborough between Thursday and Tuesday, hours flexible but includes 2x 12 hour days with a compulsory Saturday and Sunday.
- To manage, inspire and develop their operational team focused on delivering client SLA, meeting KPI standards and achieving client and budget targets
- To build a strong team focused on service excellence and people development at all times maintaining a safe working environment
- To support the Warehouse and Operations Manager in ensuring the handling & dispatch of all customer product is achieved to optimum levels of cost and efficiency through the effective supervision and control of their staff,
- Meet all compliance and legal requirements in relation to site and business activities on their shift.
- Ensure clear understanding and adherence to company policies across the team.
- To be the communication conduit between the colleagues under their direct control and the Shift Manager, and then upwards through the line.
- Client Management - fully understand the clients expectations and KPI's
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent administration skills
The successful applicant for the position of Weekend Warehouse Shift Manager will have the following skills and experience:
MUST have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
MUST have worked as a Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Manager for a minimum of 2 years
Have experience of managing 30+ operatives
Have past experience of developing and coaching teams, with examples
Ideally have worked within a 3PL environment
MS Excel Super User, highly preferable
Happy with working weekend shift patterns
Excellent knowledge of warehousing
Commutable to Peterborough
- Salary: £32,000 - £38,000
- Plus: Holidays, Pensions Contributions plus additional company benefits packages and schemes
- Hours: Flexible hours across Thursday to Tuesday, 2x12 hour shifts and Saturday and Sunday compulsory