Leading distributor with a multi site presence in the UK with clients across various sectors including retail, consumer, technology, pharmaceutical and automotive.
The WMS Project Manager will:
- Work with the chosen software vendor, internal IT teams and operational teams to lead the design, testing and roll out of a bespoke WMS for a key client.
- Working with the operation ensure that the design and functionality of the system is in line with operational requirements.
- Managing project governance from inception of a detailed plan, adhering to formal PMO gateways and time-lines, whilst ensuring risk logs are accurately maintained and timely updates given to both the operational leadership, and customer teams.
- Lead the in-depth UAT testing phase of the project, delivering appropriate training to operational users.
- Ensure the smooth cut-over of BAU operations.
The successful WMS Project Manager will:
- Have at least 10 years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain, with a proven track record of the implementation of systems across a variety of tier 1 vendors as well as bespoke software packages.
- Have worked in a variety of environments including in house and 3PL lead operations.
- Demonstrable skill in structured project management, ideally based on PRINCE2 methodology, with an appreciation for the importance of a formal PMO and gateway adherence.
- Be able to start within 2 weeks and be open to a long term fixed term contract arrangement, at a max salary of £75,000.
- Be flexible to travel to a number of sites across the UK, working from a base in Warwickshire.
The successful WMS Project Manager will be offered a fixed term contract of £70,000- £75,000 dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.