Michael Page Logistics are actively seeking a Workshop Fleet Manager for a leading Waste & Recycling business with a strong and growing presence within the East Midlands region.
This position will:
- Ensure effective management of fleet compliance to ensure that all areas of the O licence are fully complied with
- Ensure cost efficient fleet maintenance through direct liaison with service providers, suppliers, internal fitter activities and container workshops.
- Provide key support to the transport team ensuring vehicle availability in line with volumes.
- Provide direction on technical support for circa 80 waste management vehicles.
- Ensure full compliance to the company O licence.
- Develop Fleet strategy including technology & innovation, fleet purchase decisions, fleet structure.
- Manage all aspects of the container repair and container painting workshop activities, ensuring an adequate container availability to the required standard.
- Ensure all compactor servicing is up to date and manage 3rd party supplier repairs ensuring costs are accurate and passed through to customers as required.
- Monitor fleet staff performance and suggests corrective action where appropriate.
- Maintain adherence to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport)
- Support with accident/incident investigations through technical knowledge.
- Detailed cost management of all areas of fleet.
- Assist in the production of annual budgets in accordance with corporate strategy.
- Maintain, manage and demonstrate improvement in Fleet Monthly KPI's - suitable actions taken where issues identified.
- Ensure vehicle availability on a daily basis meets with transport requirements.
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce fleet related costs.
- In conjunction with the health and safety department, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports, identifying training needs to maintain a flexible and multi-skilled workforce.
The successful candidate for the Workshop Fleet Manager position will have the following skills and experience:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have 3+ years Fleet management / maintenance experience.
- Have worked 'on the tools' previously within their career within a multi-vehicle, HGV fleet.
- Experience of working within Waste / Recycling would be advantageous.
- Be commutable to Nottingham on a daily basis and flexible on commuting between sites within the East Midlands region.
- Be results driven and commercially savvy regarding repair work and contractor costs.
This position offers:
- Salary - £40,000 to £42,000
- Company Car Allowance
- Company Bonus
- Holiday package.
- Pension scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.