My client is one of the market leaders within a premium manufacturing sector. The business houses a Head Office function in Leicestershire, with a further seven manufacturing facilities across the United Kingdom. They have a dual function of both logistics and production operatives and supply into supermarket chains and pallet networks.
On a daily basis the Yard & Logistics Supervisor will report directly into the General Operations Manager who oversees all distribution and manufacturing on site. You will additionally have the following responsibilities:
- Actively lead and manage a team of 17+ Yard & Stock Operatives within their daily tasks.
- Uphold high levels of adherence within health & safety guidelines and policy.
- Undertaken dynamic and controlled risk assessment and ensure safe systems of work.
- Carry out management functions such as RTW, 1-to-1's, Appraisals and Training.
- To coach and development individual operatives to achieve and outshine KPI targets.
- Monitor all loading, unload and repacking of stock within the yard and logistics areas.
- Maintain accurate records for stock control purposes.
- Responsibility for a small FLT fleet and mobile tractor units.
The successful Yard & Logistics Supervisor will have high levels of both drive and ambition to succeed. You will have the following essential skills:
- 3+ years experience in logistics or manufacturing.
- Experience managing teams of 10+ operatives and senior staff members.
- Commutable to the Leicestershire area.
- Health & Safety focus (ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualifed).
- Six-Sigma / LEAN / Kaizen / GEMBA experience would be advantageous.
- Counter-balance fork-lift licence would be desirable, but not essential.
- £24,000-£28,000 salary
- Optional bonus scheme (Up to 15%)
- 32 days holiday per annum