My client is an established household name, and sector leading, within food and FMCG distribution. They are currently expanding their operations in Castle Donington, near to East Midlands Airport. As one of the highest remunerating companies in the sector, they are actively searching for only the highest calibre talent to join their new start-up operation
On a daily basis the Yard & Logistics Supervisor (Nights) will report directly into the Warehouse Operations Manager who oversees all food distribution & returns logistics on site. You will additionally have the following responsibilities:
- Actively lead and manage a team of 17+ Yard & Stock Operatives within their daily tasks.
- Uphold high levels of adherence within health & safety guidelines and policy.
- Undertaken dynamic and controlled risk assessment and ensure safe systems of work.
- Carry out management functions such as RTW, 1-to-1's, Appraisals and Training.
- To coach and development individual operatives to achieve and outshine KPI targets.
- Monitor all loading, unload and repacking of stock within the yard and logistics areas.
- Maintain accurate records for stock control purposes.
- Responsibility for a small FLT fleet and mobile tractor units.
The successful Yard & Logistics Supervisor (Nights) will have high levels of both drive and ambition to succeed. You will have the following essential skills:
- 3+ years experience in a logistics environment - desirably within a Yard Environment
- Ability to facilitate a night shift
- Experience of managing teams of 10+ operatives and Team Leaders
- Commutable to the Castle Donnigton area.
- Ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualifie
- Six-Sigma / LEAN / Kaizen / GEMBA experience would be advantageous.
- Counter-balance fork-lift licence would be desirable, but not essential.